Our company began its work in Torrevieja, so I always closely follow all stages of the development of this city. The good news for everyone was the start of the construction of the new port of Torrevieja, with a budget of more than 19 million euros. This construction will definitely become a new stage in the development of the city, more than 130 new jobs will be created in the new port alone. It will increase the attractiveness of the city among businessmen and attract new residents to our cozy Spanish town.
More than 80,000 m2, which are located near the city center, will be completely renovated.
The port will be a space that will open the city to the sea, removing the architectural barrier we see today. The project will transform our port area into a new public, commercial and recreational space that will connect the city to the port, offering residents, visitors and tourists exceptional vantage points to enjoy the beautiful seascape.
The budget for the construction of the new port of Torrevieja
The total budget of the project is more than 19 million euros, of which 10.5 million are private investments, and the rest, more than 8 million, come from the City Council of Torrevieja.
In 2009, a concession for a huge commercial area in the port area was put up for tender. However, the economic crisis quickly led to the competition being closed.
In 2014, another project was presented, with a smaller commercial area, more open areas, but the legislation changed and the government subsequently abandoned this project.
Project of the new port of Torrevieja
The main reconstruction area is about 185,000 square meters. In a port plan called “additional use” compatible with ports (eg cultural, sports, educational, fair competitions).
One proposal under consideration would be to move the fairground to where the car park is located and use the land closest to the bay for hotels and maritime businesses.
- Recreation area in the port of Torrevieja
- The new leisure center will include underground parking with 650 spaces at the Port of Torrevieja.
- Cinemas, an American bowling alley and 27 commercial and restaurant premises.
Among the companies interested in investing in this project are several local hospitality entrepreneurs, and we could also see restaurant franchises such as Lizarran, KFC, Vips and La Tagliatella.
The Levante marina will be reconstructed and connected to the shopping center by a large footbridge.
Paseo de los hippies (freedom walk) will become a large pedestrian area, while the children's fair will retain its current location, separating the walkway from commercial and recreational buildings.
As a requirement for the implementation of the project of the recreation area in the port and the demolition of the building. buildings and warehouses of the fish market, as well as the replacement and commissioning at a new location in the fishing pier of the port, the urbanization of about 7000 m2, the implementation of road and pedestrian access and the integration of new buildings into the environment, as well as the modernization of the existing ice factory.
- The boat that makes the excursion to Tabarka stays in the same place.
- The floating museums will be located on a wide jetty in front of the commercial area.
- The fish market is relocating and will be located between Salinas Marina and the shopping area.
- The Levante Dock will be refurbished and will have a large walkway to the recreation area.
- Access by car to the underground car park will be via the main road that starts at the roundabout in front of Plaza Waldo Calero (Plaza de la Fuente). This road separates the exhibition area on the one hand and the shopping and restaurant area on the other.
Property in Torrevieja
If everything goes according to plan, then next year in June 2023, we will be able to walk with friends or family in a new place by the sea.